Remember that old saying? 'Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.' We think that's especially true of web design and as we start our series of tutorials, explaining how to get the best out of Rapidweaver for beginners, we'd like you to take that to heart.
In order to do its job a website has to communicate effectively to your visitors so that from the moment they first land on the page:
- they understand what the site is about
- they can navigate it round the site quickly and easily
- they can find the information that's important to them
- they don't feel nagged or pressured by intrusive pop-up come-ons and enticements
- they find it easy to do whatever it is you'd like them to do - whether it's purchase a product or service, sign up for a newsletter, read an article or join a community
So long as you keep those principles in mind - and don't allow yourself to be distracted by all the fancy web bells and whsitles - your website will be doing a good job.